28 Jan Vegetarian Tray Baked Eggs
Our hearty vegetarian tray baked eggs is the perfect breakfast to keep you fuelled for longer. Kidney beans are high in fiber, which studies show can assist in lowering cholesterol levels in the blood. The presence of soluble dietary fiber surrounds the cholesterol and prevents it from reabsorbing into the body.
For those that run busy schedules, prepare the tomato mixture the day before. Serve with wholemeal toast or avocado.
• 6 eggs
• 1 onion, diced
• 2 capsicums
• 400g can diced tomatoes
• 400g can kidney beans
• 1 garlic cloves
• 2 tsp of dried oregano
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• Salt and Pepper to season
1. Preheat over to 180C
2. In a large non-stick frying pan, heat olive oil and cook onion until soft
3. Add capsicum, beans and tomatoes and bring to the boil
4. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes
5. Spoon mixture into an oven proof dish. Make an indentation into mixture and crack an egg into each indentation
6. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked
7. Season with salt and pepper and oregano.