10 Jan Easy Vegetable Fritters
Vegetable fritters are a fantastic way to get your daily vegetable intake up. Serve these healthy vegetable-packed fritters with a side salad for a light yet satisfying meal packaged with vitamins and minerals.
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 2 medium zucchinis, grated
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Add grated potato, carrot and zucchini into a colander and press to remove moisture.
- Add mixture to a bowl adding corn, flour, parsley and egg yolks. Stir and combine and set aside.
- Place egg whites in a second bowl, beat until thickened and add to vegetable mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and add 1/3 cup of mixture and cook for 5 minutes, cooking a few at a time. Turn and cook for a further 5-8 minutes.
- Repeat until all of mixture is cooked.
- Serve with green salad.