30 Jun Hearty Steak Sandwich
Posted at 04:08h in Recipes
This hearty lunch is packed with protein to encourage muscular growth and repair, try our Steak Sandwich recipe today.
- ¼ tsp of chilli powder
- 1 pinch of ground black pepper
- 100g beef sirloin steak
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 multigrain bread roll or 2 slices of bread
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 gherkin, sliced
- ½ cup rocket
- Rub the chilli and pepper over the steak. Heat oil in a heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add steak and cook to the desired temperature, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Transfer steak to plate and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Once the steak has rested, cut it into thin strips.
- Spread the ricotta over the bread evenly then layer the onion, gherkin and rocket. Place the sliced steak on top and season to taste.
- Close the roll/sandwich and enjoy!