10 Jan Healthy Beef Stroganoff
Our healthy beef stroganoff recipe offers a healthier spin on a family classic meal, perfect for dinners or a hearty lunch. Beef is high in nutrients such as zinc, iron, protein and B vitamins, and serving with zucchini noodles provides a healthier option to pasta while promoting vegetable consumption.
- 500 grams beef, sliced into stir fry strips
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup salt reduced beef stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup light sour cream
- Pepper, to season
- Zucchini noodles, to serve
- Coat the beef strips with flour, discard any leftover flour.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan and cook the beef over high heat until just cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to the pan and cook the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Return beef to pan, pour in beef stock and Worcestershire. Bring to boil and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Stir through sour cream, season with pepper. Serve with zucchini noodles and season with parsley.