03 Feb Chicken Buddha Bowl
Buddha bowls are known for their big, round shape and typically comprise of whole grains, roasted vegetables, protein such as meat or lentils and dressing. Our chicken buddha bowl recipe will help you get a well-rounded meal, full of vitamins and minerals.
- 8 chicken tenderloins
- 2 cups brussel sprouts, halved
- 2 cups broccoli
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups of quick brown rice and quinoa
- 425g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 60ml lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sesame seeds and coriander, to garnish
- Combine lemon zest, oil and lemon juice in a dish. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Set to the side.
- Steam, boil or microwave your brussel sprouts and broccoli until cooked.
- Heat a large pan or hotplate over medium heat. Grill the chicken for 3-4 minutes each side, or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat the rice and quinoa blend.
- Divide rice, beans, vegetables and chicken into bowls.
- Serve with sesame seeds, coriander and lemon juice.