14 Jan Lamb rissole pita pocket
250g mince lamb
1 cup of zucchini, grated
½ brown onion, grated
1 garlic clove, crushed
ground black pepper
2 tsp of fresh parsley, chopped
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp of olive oil
2 pita breads, to serve
2 cups of salad or coleslaw vegetables
¼ cup tzatziki
1. Combine the lamb, zucchini, onion, garlic, pepper, parsley and egg together and mix well.
2. Shape mixture into patties.
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan and cook for 5 minutes each side or until meat is cooked to your liking.
4. In the meantime, prepare the pita pockets. Open the pita pocket carefully being sure not to rip the sides. Stuff the pocket with salad or coleslaw of your choice and dollop in the tzatziki.
5. Finally, place the rissoles (either cooled or straight from the pan) into the pita pockets and enjoy!