14 Jan Beef salad with spicy mayo
100g beef steak (fat trimmed)
ground black pepper
½ red capsicum, chopped
½ tsp of red chilli, chopped
2 tbsps of mayonnaise (reduced fat)
¼ lemon, juiced
2 cups of cos lettuce, torn
¼ cucumber, sliced
¼ avocado, sliced
1. Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
2. Cook the steak on each side only turning once. Season with pepper to taste. For rare, cook for 3-4 minutes each side. For medium, cook for 4 minutes each side. For well-done, cook 5-6 minutes each side.
3. Transfer steak to plate and cover with foil. Leave to rest for 3-5 minutes. Once rested, cut the steak into thin slices.
4. To make the spicy capsicum mayonnaise, combine half the capsicum, chilli, mayonnaise, a little pepper and lemon juice together. Blend in a food processor until well combined. Set aside.
5. Mix the remaining ingredients together in a big bowl. Place the sliced beef on top.
6. Spoon the spicy capsicum mayonnaise on top of the salad and season to taste. Enjoy!