14 Oct Roast capsicum & tomato soup
4 cups of cherry tomatoes
2 red capsicums, cut into chunks
1 red onion, chopped
1 tbsp of olive oil
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
3 cups of water
2 tsp of stock powder (gluten free, reduced salt)
Ground black pepper
2 tbsps of greek yoghurt
1. Preheat oven to 180°C / 350°F. Grease and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. In a large bowl combine tomatoes, capsicums and onions.
3. Pour over oil and vinegar. Toss to combine.
4. Scatter tomato mixture across the two prepared trays.
5. Bake for 40 minutes or until onions are beginning to caramelize and tomatoes are soft. Allow to cool to room temperature.
6. Place tomato mixture, water and stock, in batches, into a tall blender jug. Secure the lid.
7. Blend on high speed for 20 seconds or until smooth. Season to taste with pepper.
8. Pour pureed soup into a clean pot and bring to a simmer.
9. Stir through the yoghurt then serve soup with a slice of toasted bread.