04 Nov Full stack burger
Posted at 09:00h in Health Challenge Recipes
Jam pack your burger with extra healthy fillings. The more healthy fillings, the fuller you will feel.
2 serves | 35 min
- 200g beef mince
- 1/4 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 5 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp tomato paste
- 30 ml chicken stock
- 5 ml apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 brown onion, finely sliced
- 15ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 30g Chedder cheese, thickly sliced
- 1 small beetroot, grated
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1/4 cup whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 cup lettuce, roughly chopped
- 2 soughdough bread rolls
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add sliced onion and olive oil, cooking until the onions soften.
- In separate bowl, add the Beef Patty ingredients, mix together until everything is incorporated. Shape into two patties.
- Once the onions have finished cooking, return the frying pan to the head and add the Beef Patties for 4-5 minutes each side. At the same time, crack in the eggs into the pan and cook through.
- To make the Tomato Sauce, mix tomato paste, stock and vinegar together in a small bowl.
- Cut the breadrolls in half and lightly toast them. Spead the bun with mayonnaise and top with lettuce, beef patty, cheese, tomato, onions, beetroot, fried egg, tomato sauce and the top of the bun.
Looking for more inspiration? Visit our recipe blog.