11 Nov Chicken and pomegranate salad
Spinach is not only a great salad filler, it aids in the reduction of blood pressure and is a great source of magnesium and calcium.
Serves 2 | 15 minutes
4 cups baby spinach
2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
300g chicken breast, diced into 3cm pieces
2 tbsp lemon juice
pinch salt and pepper
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp oil of choice for cooking
- Heat a pan to medium heat with a dash of oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to the pan. Fry until cooked through.
- Add baby spinach and pomegranate to a large bowl. Add the chicken when cooked.
- Mix together Dijon mustard, lemon juice and another pinch of salt and pepper. Add to the salad to dress.
Optional extras: Add chopped tomato, cucumber and feta cheese.
Vegetarian alternative: Swap the chicken for a tin of chickpeas!
- Drain the tin of chickpeas.
- Heat a pan with a dash of oil and lightly warm the chickpeas. Or add them straight from the tin!
Looking for more inspiration? Visit our recipe blog.